I've walked past this poster on average twice a day for the past month and every time it annoys me roughly twice as much as the last. If I don't get this out of my system, there's a risk I'll become a maths anecdote.
1. Are giant black apples glued to the head really the height of French fashion these days?
2. The model appears to be looking into the face of Shelob, suspended above the unsuspecting photographer. You'd think she'd warn him. Or is she another giant man-eating spider in disguise?
3. Seriously, what's with the clumsy cutouts? She looks decapitated. Maybe Shelob's got herself a woman's head on a pike, and the vision of horror in her eyes is the last thing she saw.
4. I don't like the idea of lashes with which I could fatally impale myself or others.
5. Apparently they can't guarantee that they'll be any clumps at all. I DEMAND clumps, dammit.
6. (see below) So why bother with the decapitated, fruit-wearing, probably-a-giant-spider's-decoy woman at all? Why not just have some massive black lines on a white background and say: "Want lashes longer than your nose? Coat them in our very expensive black gunk! Smells better than crude oil. (But we can't promise any clumps.)"?
Make-up: because you're not worth shit without it. Apparently.
Death in the 1820s and a walk in the park
3 months ago