Now here's a surprise:
- It's a story about public funds being wasted.
- It contains a quote from the Taxpayers' Alliance.
- It suggests that the findings are just common sense.
- It's linked to from the front page under the sarcastic heading: Science advances - ducks 'like water'
- There's no evidence that the words 'like water' appeared in the original research.
- An amusing picture of a duckling takes up rather a lot of space.
- You have to wait until the end of the article to find out the real, useful point of the research.
- In no way can the title be considered an accurate summary of these scientific findings.
So in which tabloid can this shrieking piece of anti-public-funded-science fluff be found?
On the other hand, at least they're not warning working mums that their house-husbands might be cheating on them.